Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.. "Oh you who believe, eat of the good things wherewith We have provided you, and render thanks to Allah, if it is indeed He who you worship" (Al-Baqarah : 172)

Sunday, March 25, 2012

ROYAL ICING WORKSHOP @ THE DESSERT TABLE

Salam and Hi,

So, it's been almost 4 months now since The Dessert Table was opened. Alhamdulillah, am happy to report that we have been able to pay our rental and utilities ourselves since month one, thanks to our customers. 

Of course it's not been easy, whats more we're new, but Alhamdulillah, slowly but surely, those around us has been noticing us, got curious and dropped by. We do our part, and Allah will provide. The rezqi is there, we just have to work to get it, it's sunnatullah.

Our website is still undergoing some work. I hope it can be ready soon. We still haven't done our brochure because I'm waiting for us to have enough stock photos to use. Am always thinking that I'm not doing enough but my friends told me to be patient. After all, it has been only four months. Well, anyhow, I'm happy that we're having a steady stream of classes and orders.

This week we introduced our brand new class which is a subject not many will touch. The Royal Icing Workshop. Our first 2 Royal Icing friends are Lyza Ghazali of Rollypops and Wan Rusni, a Hotel Catering Lecturer from Penang. Our 3 day workshop ran from 21-23 May last week.

I've always been more on the minimalist side so I had chosen to design a contemporary theme for one of the cake and a classic for the other. I'm happy to report that both of them joined us in agreement with the themes when we saw the final result.

Take a look at the photos I shot with I-phone using Instagram and DSLR.

Awesome color by Lyza
Wan, though at a beginner's level, managed to do a beautiful job

SWEETNESS...
THE DESSERT TABLE'S GAZEBO CAKE
WAN RUSNI'S BUTTERFLY CAKE
THE DESSERT TABLE'S BUTTERFLY CAKE
LYZA GHAZALI OF ROLLYPOPS' BUTTERFLY CAKE
We will be having The Royal Icing Workshop again, insyaallah, on the 20-22 April. We have only another 2 spots available for this class. We take confirmations with deposits only.

We are preparing a list of exciting classes for next month. I hope you will join us at The Dessert Table, a place where you can learn new things while having fun and make some awesome new friends.

Watch out this space in the next day or two.

Meanwhile, I feel like my knowledge has stale a bit. So maybe it's time for me to go to some awesome classes myself and get some new ideas... I've already signed up for a few of them and can't wait to see what's waiting for me.. New things always get me so excited!

The number to dial for  order and class inquiries and registration is 013-3554299. Ask for me, Farida :)

You take care now, and do swing by our studio if you happens to be in the neighborhood.

Love,
Farida Ismail

No comments: